[HH] Mystery signal from a helicopter

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Mon Feb 3 12:13:27 EST 2014

> Most helicopters used by news organizations ...
> Depending on whether they are semi-rigit or fully
> articulated, each blade has its own independent angle of attack,.

Most news helicopters are Bell Jet Rangers with 2 rotor blades.
As far as I know, any helicopter with 2 rotor blades is rigid.

> I have seen helicopters go into vibration on the
> ground and destroy themselves.

I've only seen video. It was an older Hiller "killer" model
(a la "M.A.S.H.") with 3 rotor blades.

I've got a chunk of time on a Robbie.
Someday, I'll splurge and get an hour or two on something
with a turbine. If I win the lottery, jetpack.

As for the article, interesting way to pack data in to the audio.
I wouldn't have been able to reverse engineer it the way the
guy writing the article did.

Greg