[HH] Shapeoko desktop CNC mill

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:59:04 EST 2014

If it still has aluminum rails for the bearing surface, avoid it.
 MakerSlide is awful for anything other than very light use - it wears out,
then you have to replace the whole rail.

Also, if you cut aluminum that slowly, you will wear your tools out very
quickly.  Aluminum-cutting router bits are ~$30 each.  This is in the realm
of things that are technically possible, but a really bad idea.

I learned that second part running  a brother of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW1eCricTwc

If you are in the Boston area, join the Artisan's Asylum and learn to run
that beast instead.  ;-)

*Drew Van Zandt Cam # US2010035593 (M:Agapito Acosta) *