[HH] Velleman K8200 3D printer kit and other things at the You-Do-It Electronics Washington's Birthday sale

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:27:04 EST 2014

Mark Komarinski wrote:
> To clarify, they have the kits in stock (there were at least three
> behind them).  It's just no demo unit - whomever is handling the
> shipping has been delayed by weather.

That's lame.

So were they shipping in an already assembled unit from the vendor? When
they knew it hadn't arrived by Friday, they should have had an employee
build one from the kits they had on hand.

So I wonder who was going to be running the demo. Usually for stuff like
this the vendor will send a person. That person could have brought the
printer with them. Though I suppose if they were flying in, it's
probably a bit big to be sending as checked luggage. But either Y-D-I or
he vendor should have ate that cost and just done it. (Unless that was
the only assembled printer they had.)