[HH] schematic and layout tools?

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Wed Feb 19 09:46:59 EST 2014

So, I've got a rough draft of a schematic on paper
and have been putzing around with tinycad and freepcb
to have someone make a printed circuit board.

And the library for tinycad seems really outdated.
Are these two tool still the best choices for new projects?

It seems like I'm having to relearn the tools,
so if I'm going to go through the learning curve
I figured I'd check in if there was a better tool.

It's a small arduino derivative, not terribly big.
two layer.

Also, a few years ago, I used some company to produce a pcb.
I cannot for the life of me remember who did it.
I think it was someone here who recommended it.
The guy took boards glommed them together and when he had
a big enough area, he'd have the fab make the board.
And then he'd cut them up and ship them.

It was $N per square inch.

lastly, anyone know of a company that will assemble boards
in small to moderate volumes? I'll do the first batch as I debug,
but then was hoping to have a bunch made.

Thanks,
Greg