[HH] Tango Super PC Launched on Kickstarter!

Ming kuo mingtkuo at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:02:53 EDT 2014

Hi Tom,

I have to agree with some of your comments regarding the language of
marketing
*"Did they really need to force the terminology to come up with**"Officeable"
and "Entertainmentable"? Sounds torture*d.
​"

Also I am not totally clear why they targeted gaming stations, instead of
simply

​transport-ability from home and work
interchange between desktop and laptop

   - Imagine buying $500 desktop and $500 laptop, $1000 combined
   - Instead, with Tango 1 home dock $100, 1 laptop dock $200 , 1 Tango PC
   $300
      - $700 Combined cost, $300 immediate savings compared to above
      - next gen upgrade only the Tango PC upgrade for $300, instead of
      buying new laptops and desktops another $1000
   - Or one docking station at home but one Tango for each kid, instead of
   individual PC for each

​I have a feeling they combined the RAM, CPU, SSD into the same box also
for consolidating the most expensive parts but, also the ones that will
benefit in SPEED being combined efficiently in ​one box, plus having these
expensive components "following you"

*​Functionality-wise they could have made the "CPU box" serve the same*

*purpose of transporting your environment by reducing it down to just
theSSD. That way it would be much smaller, and cheaper, when you inevitably
loose it/drop it in a pool. Presumably they pushed the CPU and RAM intothat
box because those are some of the most expensive components, so it reduces
overall system cost. There is no other good reason. The "CPUbox" isn't
usable for anything independent of the docking station. It's not like a
laptop or smartphone + dock, where the device is usable whenaway from the
dock.*

* ​​*
​I can imagine in the future the upgrades of SSD would not be that
important as more DATA goes to the cloud..

Overall speaking, I do not totally understand their marketing message and
strategy.  But I can see the benefits of their hardware design/technology
given the common scenarios ​I speak of above..