[HH] Dremel announces 3D printer

Tom Metro tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:40:25 EDT 2014

http://3dprint.com/15578/dremel-3d-idea-builder-printer/

  In what I think is a sure sign that we are approaching mainstream
  adoption of the technology, $12.35 billion company, Autodesk, has
  recently announced their entrance into the market, with both an SLA
  printer, as well as a 3D printing platform, both called Spark.
  Today, we have learned that a subsidiary of Bosch...Dremel...announced
  the Dremel 3D Idea Builder, a 3D printer and ecosystem all in one.
  Below are some of the basic specifications of the Dremel 3D Idea
  Builder:

  Build Envelope: 9" x 5.9" x 5.5"
  Extruder: Single extrusion
  Layer Thickness: 0.004 inches 100 microns
  MSRP of $999 [available initially on Amazon, and eventually at Home
  Depot]
  ...this new machine is actually a rebranded and revamped version of
  the Flashforge Dreamer, a printer manufactured by Chinese technology
  company Zhejiang Flashforge 3D Technology Co., Ltd.
  Dremel, with its name recognition, marketing power and budget, could
  very well enter the market with a bang. The company seems to be
  concentrating on making 3D printing easy for everyone, by
  incorporating an entire ecosystem which includes free models,
  tutorials, and design tools to make the process as care-free, and
  simple as possible. ...they have entered a strategic partnership with
  CAD software giant Autodesk, allowing them to provide free print-ready
  models to their users.

A mildly informative promotional video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJKTAvEUSw