[HH] Different Mfg SD Cards will not format to same size

Phil C. charlestek at rcn.com
Mon Jan 5 19:44:35 EST 2015

There is proprietary software used to read the SD card.  I tried a simple contents copy and the software rejected the copy on another SD card.  I could use an editor to read exactly is there, but I  don't want to spend a lot of time fooling with this.

The card came formatted, so I don't know what the raw capacity is. I reformatted the new card and it still came to   3.69GB.
There are other free copy/formatting tools, I'd have to fool with each:
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-express/download.html
http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/help/resizing-and-moving-partition.htm
This first two I have not read documentation to see what they can do.

This one clearly says it will resize FAT32:
http://www.partitionwizard.com/resizepartition/resize-fat32-partition.html

Supposedly clonezilla in advanced mode may be able to do the job, but I have to make a live cd or flash drive first.

I really want to do this quickly and not spend hours.
This sort of stuff is the reason I stopped being a .Net C# developer.   Life is too short to waste eons fooling with software.