[HH] Has anyone seen a solution to this?

Kurt Keville kurt.keville at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:23:44 EST 2016

Well the first batch of nodes we are going to try this with are the Jetson
TK1s...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/jetson-tk1-embedded-dev-kit.html    ... there
aren't a lot of I/O options and we have already tested the onboard GigE and
found it to be lacking in a couple of areas. We were thinking it would be
good for intracluster commo but not a lot of sustained writes to the head
node. NVidia understandably didn't put a lot of money into the NIC on board
the Jetson so it isn't much to write about. There are some tantalizing GPIO
pins that might represent a path to a better network although a lit search
doesn't turn much up. The next gen Jetson model (the TX1) has a GPIO pinout
that is compatible with Ras Pi Shield standard but I don't think that is
true with the Tegra K1...  That's how I ended up investigating this path;
bandwidth to local disk is pretty good on these dev kits and there aren't
many (better, faster, cheaper) ways to get data off these... the best
picture of the µcluster so far is at ...
http://web.mit.edu/~kkeville/www/Jetson3.jpg