[HH] IOT and LoRaWAN™ (Long Range wide-area networks)

Stephen Ronan sronan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 13:36:32 EST 2016

This article, with accompanying video, describes a city-wide LoRaWan
network for IoT being established in Amsterdam within 4-6 weeks during
the summer of 2015 using 10 gateways costing $1200 each.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/08/19/the-things-network-wants-to-make-every-city-smart-starting-with-amsterdam/

There has been a Kickstarter campaign aimed at lowering the cost of
gateways to under $250 each
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/419277966/the-things-network as
well as provide Arduino Unos with LoRaWan compatibility.

The Things Network <http://thethingsnetwork.org/> has links to efforts
around the world to replicate the Amstardam project in other cites,
including one in Boston led by W. David Stephenson and Chris Rezendes
of the Boston IoT Meetup Group

http://www.stephensonstrategies.com/free-citywide-iot-data-networks-will-catapult-iot-spread-to-hyperspeed/
http://www.stephensonstrategies.com/boston-crowdsourced-campaign-to-give-city-1st-citywide-free-iot-data-network-in-us/

One can sign up to receive info at http://thethingsnetwork.org/c/boston