[HH] Talking about a SDR and open-source telecom at the BLU meeting next Wed?

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:56:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Is there any interest in talking about Software Defined Radio and
open-source telecom? I noticed that the next meeting topic is not
announced and since I'm briefly in town, I'm happy to talk/demo/answer
questions about SDR, GSM, LTE, etc - whatever might be interesting for
the group.

We've recently announced a new low-cost/high-performance SDR
transceiver in miniPCIe form factor - https://xtrx.io and I'm more
than happy to present it. I'll have a couple samples from the very
first batch with me. Not sure if I'll be able to make a demo XTRX
since software is still deep in development, but worst case I have a
proven UmTRX 2.3.1 which we can play with. E.g. we can run a GSM
network and see how it works.

PS If you know any other good places/groups in Boston who would be
interested in XTRX - please let me know as well. Our goal is to get
XTRX into everyone's hands, given it'll be one of the lowest cost high
performance SDR :)

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.