[HH] When Nest batteries die...

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Tue Jan 17 12:28:57 EST 2017

I didn't even know they were battery powered.  My Honeywells run off the furnace power and I'll get an alert if the thermostats are unable to reach their servers.
What happens when the Nest batteries no longer hold a charge?  Are they field-replaceable?
I'd also make a comment about using Fitbit to detect/monitor life-threatining heart problems, but I think that would be obvious to this crowd.
-Mark
-------- Original message --------From: Kurt L Keville <kkeville at mit.edu> Date: 1/17/17  12:17 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: hardwarehacking at blu.org Subject: [HH] When Nest batteries die...

I always leave my faucets dripping just in case this happens…
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/fashion/nest-thermostat-glitch-battery-dies-software-freeze.html