[HH] More re: LoRaWAN and geolocation

Kurt Keville klk at mit.edu
Sat Mar 18 12:08:45 EDT 2017

There is a lot on this subject in Google Scholar... like
http://scholarsmine.mst.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5693&context=masters_theses
http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1470731/11/Thesis_JieXiong2015.pdf
https://web.wpi.edu/Images/CMS/PPL/WPI_Pahlavan.pdf
WPI seems to have a lot of PhD theses on this topic...

you can further reduce your error bars by superimposing a map of some
variety like they did with
https://slowchop.com/2008/08/17/wireless-heatmap/

I will give this a try with my WiFi radios which have a S/N ratio
close to 1. :(  That's why I prefer BTScan if available... Power use
at gateways is not really an issue for us, so it is worth a try,
especially if it improves performance or feature set.