[HH] Semtech long range device using 2.4 GHz

Stephen Ronan sronan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 22:24:19 EDT 2017

Those Semtech 2.4 Ghz boards support LoRa, FLRC, and (G)FSK
modulation. Someone who knows far more than I do about these matters
explains that the 2 Mbps data rate I had cited is via the FSK
modulation. While for LoRa the data rate depends on the spreading
factor (SF) about which more here:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/how-spreading-factor-influence-time-on-air/5068
Specifically, in respect to data rates he wrote:

"for LoRa 2.4Ghz it's

SF 5: 202 kb/s
SF 6: 122 kb/s
SF 7: 71 kb/s