[BLU/Officers] New server

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu Jan 8 11:11:12 EST 2015

Since our current servers are pretty old, John and I decided to buy a
new server and  a couple of 4TB drives. The unit is a Supermicro 2U
Server X7QCE 4x Intel Xeon E7450 2.4ghz 24 Cores / 24gb / 2x 1tb
Not 100% sure what OS John is planning, but hopefully CentOS 7. where we
can use either dockers or boxes for VMs. Actually 2 4TB drives cost more
than the server.

Since we have some money in the treasury and since much of our services
are delivered online, this should be a prudent investment. I'm sure that
the day after John brings this to Earthlink, they will give us the
virtual machines they offered us 2 years ago.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix