[BLU/Officers] Fwd: [Discuss] Bringing up Linux with Suckless Init plus daemontools-encore

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 23:14:20 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Bringing up Linux with Suckless Init plus
daemontools-encore
To: Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com>

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 19:37:15 -0400
Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Steve Litt
> <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's a description of how I brought up a Linux VM with Suckless
> > Init plus daemontools-encore.
> >

> ​Hmm. An overview of those and the other suckless.org projects would
> be a good meeting ...​

You know, Bill, you're right!

I'm 1000 miles from Boston, but if one of your people wants to do that,
I can help them. I'm pretty knowledgeable about dmenu (greatest
productivity tool ever), st (nofrills terminal), and Suckless Init, and
I'm somewhat familiar with dwm, which is what I'll be using if Openbox
ever gets too dependency laden.

There are other Suckless Tools that are insanely cool: Someone had
their head screwed on right when they made them.

Steve

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com