[BLU/Officers] possible problem with September

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:43:33 EDT 2016

Thanks for letting us know, Bill.

Can anyone recommend an alternate speaker for a security talk to
precede the keysigning?

The latest Linux Journal had an interesting article about "split gpg",
which sounded intriguing; essentially it was about running gpg in a
manner where your secret keys are not exposed in the event of a system
breach of your desktop machine or laptop.

The article was focused exclusively on doing this on the Qube
distribution, where everything is split into multiple VMs with
different security settings, but a talk that applies the concept more
generally should be interesting.

Is anyone familiar with split gpg? When I googled it, all I could find
were articles about Qube.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6