[BLU/Officers] Some rules for free laptops at installfests

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:56:48 EST 2016

I *may** have some laptops to give away at the installfest.
First, if any of the laptops have UEFI with Secure Boot, that will go to
JABR for testing. However, I don't think any of these will have secure
boot. I think most of these are Windows 7 laptops a few years old.

1. qualified volunteers (that is volunteers who show up at installfests and
help clients) can request a laptop in advance.
2. qualified clients. A qualified client is a client who has paid the BLU
the $25 donation. That will exclude the freeloaders like Rocky.
    additionally, if not already done the person will run a wipe program to
    wipe the HD.
    The client will then install Linux.
I'll make sure I have an ultimate boot cd.

* Brandon no longer works for the company who is providing the laptop, but
he is still making arrangements with them since it is cheaper for them to
give the laptops to the BLU than it is to pay for recycling.

I will add rule #2 to the reminder message once I know that we will have
some laptops to give away on Saturday.

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: B7F14F2F
Key fingerprint: D937 A424 4836 E052 2E1B  8DC6 24D7 000F B7F1 4F2F