[BLU/Officers] Boston User Groups - Important Update to Community Leaders

Robert Borges Robert.Borges at bostonusergroups.org
Thu May 5 11:45:25 EDT 2016

This message was originally HTML formatted.  View in a HTML capable client to see the original version.\r\n\r\n

                       Update to Community Leaders

To All User Group Leaders:

BUG (Boston User Groups, Inc.) is a resource for Community Leaders to share information about their Groups, and for anyone to find groups of interest to them, primarily in the New England area. BUG has made great strides to improve upon the services which we and have even created a few new ones.  In Q4 of 2015 we launched the new BostonUserGroups.org website.  This new website will be ever-evolving, improving, and provide new services that you feel are important as time goes on.

Currently on the BostonUserGroups.org website:

         User Group Listing

o   25 IT Pro Groups

o   30 Developer Groups

o     5 Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Office 365 Groups

o     2 Security Groups

o     7 Database Groups (SQL, Oracle, etc.)

o   10 Desktop  Consumer Groups

         Consolidated User Groups and Events Calendar, with Search and Filters

         Meeting Schedules via RSS Feed

         Upcoming Events, Sponsors

         New - Individual Group Pages with Feed

         Soon - Community Leader Portal, Speakers, Logins, More

We Need You to Validate Your Groups Information

Part of our efforts are trying to figure out which groups are still active, get updated information about each group, and invite you to integrate your calendar with us via RSS.  This is something we require from time to time.  I urge all user groups and Meetups to fill out the BUG Signup Form located at http://www.bostonusergroups.org/join.  Even if your group is a BUG member, we do require this form to be filled out with updated location, meeting, and leadership information once each year.

Any groups who have not updated their group information before June 30, 2016, by filling out the BUG Signup Form, will be removed from the BUG calendar and from the User Groups list.  So it is imperative that everyone take the time to do this as soon as possible!

If you have recently filled out the BUG Signup Form, then you need not take any action as your groups information should already be updated on the BUG website.

Tell Us How Were Doing

As mentioned previously, the new website is a platform which will be ever evolving over time.  Like Windows 10, there will never be a final version.  We will be constantly updating and adding new functionality which is beneficial to the community.  As such, we want to know how we are doing and what you need.  Please take the time to take a look at the new BUG website at http://www.BostonUserGroups.org and tell us what you think.  Please feel free to send your thoughts to: feedback at bostonusergroups.org.

Tell us in person at the next BUG Community Leader Summit on May 13th in Cambridge.  This event is open to all community leaders, and anyone interested in becoming a community leader so spread the word!  I hope to see you all at the event!

Spread the word about BUG

Being part of BUG is a big benefit to user groups and meetups.  The BUG website is a hot spot for potential attendees to find events and meetings of groups they may have not even known exist.  There are many user groups and meetups who have never heard of BUG.  Please spread the word.  We are volunteers helping volunteers.  There is no fee to become a member of BUG, nor do we impose any stipulations on how groups are run.  Our board is made up of community leaders who know the pains and benefits of this work we all volunteer.  We simply want to provide services to the user group community to help with your efforts.  The more groups we have listed on the BUG website, the more successful we will be at driving traffic to your meetings and your events.  We need your help!  Please spread the word!

Please remember to re-register your group before June 30th using the BUG Signup Form.

Thank you for your continued support of the community and BUG!!

Robert Borges
 President of Board - Boston User Groups, Inc.
 Email: Robert.Borges at BostonUserGroups.org

Visit us online at http://www.BostonUserGroups.org