[BLU/Officers] Meeting time

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 12:56:05 EST 2017

Yes, the 8:00 start time may be a factor in the low turnout we've been
seeing lately.

I sent in the request for meeting space for all 12 months in 2018, and
I specified 6:30-9:00 in the request, so beginning in January we can
return to a 7:00 start time. If past years are any indication, we'll
probably get confirmation through May initially, then for the summer
months sometime around April, and for the rest of the year in June or
July.

I asked for the usual set of rooms in E51, but the primary reason we
liked E51 was the parking lot. Given the new parking regime, perhaps a
different building would be an improvement.

I'm not familiar with all the changes that have occurred at MIT in the
20 years since the BCS closed down, so my knowledge of MIT meeting
spaces is seriously stale. I'm not in a position to find a better
location, but if someone like Kurt who still spends a lot of time at
MIT can recommend another building with better parking options that's
still reasonably close to an MBTA station, we might want to consider
it.

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6