[BLU/Officers] Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - PGP/GnuPG Keysigning Party XVII

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Tue Sep 19 21:39:25 EDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that CAFF script require you to run it on a system that has
> sendmail connected to the world?
> Most of our domestic ISPs are blocking that.

Found in the caff(1) man page:

OPTIONS
       -m, --mail yes|ask-yes|ask-no|no
           Whether to send mail after signing. Default is to ask, for each
           uid, with a default value of yes.
       -R, --no-download
           Do not retrieve the key to be signed from a keyserver.

   Mail settings
       mail [yes|ask-yes|ask-no|no]
           Whether to send mails. This is a quad-option, with which you can
           set the behaviour: yes always sends, no never sends; ask-yes and
           ask-no asks, for each uid, with according defaults for the
           question. Default: ask-yes.

           In any case, the messages are also written to
           $CONFIG{'caffhome'}/keys/

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6