[BLU/Officers] Jan meeting still needs speaker

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 13:12:35 EST 2018

When I worked for Raytheon, we had a similar situation. We software guys
would bitch all the time that the hardware guys always want the software
guys to fix their problems, but...
At Raytheon, we could send out a CE to fix the problem, but considering the
millions of CPU chips out there, the cost and logistics of deploying the
fix in hardware is pretty high. In software, we can identify an anomaly,
apply and test a fix in a short time, and the deployment is over the
network. But in many cases, today, like at Google, it is deploying many new
servers.