Boston Linux & UNIX was originally founded in 1994 as part of The Boston Computer Society. We meet on the third Wednesday of each month, online, via Jitsi Meet.

[Discuss] Simplest HTML hosting for a 9-year-old engineer?

Daniel Barrett wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who suggested birthday gifts for my 9-year-old
> nephew.  I wound up getting him a Raspberry Pi.  (He's thrilled.)
>
> Next question: my nephew wants to create a public web site by hand in
> HTML. He knows the HTML, and he has a domain name registered for his
> site. However, he has no server to host the site. I'm thinking of
> giving him a Linode for $10/month and a Macintosh SFTP client for
> transferring his HTML files. But is this the simplest solution? I'd
> rather not maintain an additional Linode if I can help it.

Consider ngrok.com, which would let him host the web site right on his
Raspberry Pi. Basic service is free. Works beautifully.

Ted Ruegsegger