Printing with Slackware96

Noyes, Chuck cnoyes at groucho.webo.dg.com
Fri Nov 8 11:08:33 EST 1996

I just installed Slackware96 (linux 2.0 kernel) and for some strange
reason, I can only print to /dev/lp2. The only question about printing
in the make config was "do you want to enable parallel printing?", to
which I answered 'yes'.  I'm using an HP LaserJet5 attached to my
parallel port.  I can also boot Win95 from lilo and Win95 prints without
any problem.

I've blindly assumed that the "default" printer is/should be lp0. Is
that right?

Any ideas/tips on what I can do to enable printing to /dev/lp0?

Thanks,

Chuck Noyes
*
Mailed from MS Exchange.....