Printing with Slackware96

Dale R Worley worley at world.std.com
Mon Nov 11 15:24:44 EST 1996

   From: "Noyes, Chuck" <cnoyes at groucho.webo.dg.com>

   I've blindly assumed that the "default" printer is/should be lp0. Is
   that right?

   Any ideas/tips on what I can do to enable printing to /dev/lp0?

Roughly speaking, each /dev/lp? refers to some particular piece of
hardware.  So you can't really enable printing to /dev/lp0 until you
attach a printer to whatever /dev/lp0 refers to.  What you probably
want to do is arrange /etc/printcap to specify that the logical
printer name "lp" (the default printer) points to /dev/lp0.

Dale