RealPlayer and RH6.1 revisited

Derek Martin dmartin at ne.arris-i.com
Wed Feb 16 02:12:30 EST 2000

Well, I finally got it working... I think the problem is that the kernel
module for MASQing realaudio doesn't like the new version of the Linux
player. It worked before for me at work, but that was before we started
using the linux firewall. I didn't really play with it enough to be sure
though, and I'm too tired to care! 8^)

What I had to do was go into preferences and set my transport to "always
use HTTP" and then it worked fine.

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"    "Who watches the watchmen?"
-Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

Derek D. Martin      |  Senior UNIX Systems/Network Administrator
Arris Interactive    |  A Nortel Company
derekm at mediaone.net  |  dmartin at ne.arris-i.com