Long Lasting Linux Laptops?

Lar Kaufman lark at world.std.com
Mon Mar 27 12:07:23 EST 2000

There's a nice little discussion of APM in Scott Mueller's
_Upgrading and Repairing PCs: Linux Edition_ (11th Ed.) and also some
other useful info about hardware specific tuning of Linux that would be
particularly useful for laptop users.

 -lar
"We, too, who look upon the loom are deafened; and only when we escape it
shall we hear the thousand voices that speak through it....  Ah, mortal!
then, be heedful; for so, in all this din of the great world's loom, thy
subtlest thinkings may be overheard afar."  - Herman Melville, _Moby Dick_
-