Why would a NIC card NOT be recognized?

Kevin M. Gleason kgleason at ma.ultranet.com
Tue Mar 20 08:26:36 EST 2001

I'm currently running a linux network at school on 15 Compaq 100 mhz
machines and about 5 won't recognize the NIC card (and therefore won't
recognize the network). I've tried swapping the NICs with other peer
machines and they work flawlesslessly, I've tried swapping cables and
again, no problem. I've run out of possible problems....

          anyone have a thought I can research?

Kevin

-