Which language will do?

ron.peterson at yellowbank.com ron.peterson at yellowbank.com
Wed Dec 4 01:35:11 EST 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:57:18AM -0500, Jared Michaels wrote:

> Hi, Everyone. I appreciate your suggestions -- I have a lot of new options
> now.

Tongue in cheek, I'll throw another one in the pot, just for fun.

I just discovered OCaml.  Stands for "Objective Caml".  Caml derives
from ML.

Strong typing, safe, supports both functional and imperative
programming.  Can run in toplevel interactive mode, you can compile
portable bytecode, or you can compile machine code.

I'm just reading tutorials and screwing around.  I've never used OCaml
for anything serious.  But I like what I see...

http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/

Check out OCaml's position on this performance scorecard...

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/craps.shtml

Has anyone actually used OCaml to do real stuff?  Like it?

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\