ftp & telnet on RH 7.2

Rob Schick rschick at neaq.org
Mon Jan 7 14:15:08 EST 2002

I upgraded my machine from 6.2 to 7.2, and my ftp and telnet no longer
seem to work. I have an NT box, whose contents I'd like to access from
my linux box. Though I suspect samba is the best way to do this, I used
to ftp to the linux machine from windows without fail. Advice on how to
proceed?

I looked at /etc/inetd.conf.rpmsave and the ftp and telnet services are
not commented out. I then tried kill -HUP with the right pid, but the
services are still down.  So I thought that I'm not looking at the right
inetd file, but there is no inetd.conf file, only the one with the
.rpmsave extension. ?? Thanks, Rob