Book on samba

Scott Prive Scott.Prive at storigen.com
Tue Nov 5 09:54:27 EST 2002

If you want ONE book, check out "Samba Unleashed" (SAMS publishing) is real nice. It's about 1200 pages and covers things like external password servers, etc. It's not *truly* entry level -- it explains network basics very lightly. If you have a basic understanding of subnet masks, routing, etc. then this book can serve as both instructional, and as a reference. It's a bit heavy to carry around tho.

I'd recommend check the reader reviews on Amazon, etc. to see how appropriate a book is for your needs: lots of books are "great", but a reference/nutshell book alone would be frustrating to someone looking for entry level..

-Scott