Getting RedHat distro

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Mon Oct 14 15:15:21 EDT 2002

>Why not go with 8.0?  I've been using it since shortly after it was

Hah! I've had enough nightmares trying to keep the software I'm
developing compatible with 6.x systems, never mind even my boss's 7.1
system; no way am I moving to 8.0. I'm scared enough just moving to
7.3.

>As for where to get it, Ben Boulanger posted a link on the GNHLUG list to
>a mirror that was fast for him, and was fast for me:
>ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/mirror/os/Linux/distr/RedHat/ftp/redhat/linux/8.0/en/iso/i386

Okay, I've started the download (of 7.3!).

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog