Getting RedHat distro

Christoph Doerbeck A242369 cdoerbec at cso.fmr.com
Mon Oct 14 16:41:45 EDT 2002

Just FYI,

folks at slashdot (during LinuxWorld Expo) were very vocal on using
the mysql rpms built and distributed by mysql.

RedHat rpms were not good ... don't know why, but I believed them.

Also, the newest mysql supports InnoDB (I think that's it) which
is far better than the default ISAM db tables.

-2cents
-christoph

"Jonathan Arnold" wined & cried about:
> mySQL is definitely on the Red Hat 7.2 CDROMs I have. Just put the 2nd CD
> in the cdrom drive and the package manager should start up. Go to the
> NEW tab and find mySQL.

"Bill Horne" also complained: