fetchmail at MIT

sjordan at mit.edu sjordan at mit.edu
Sat Aug 23 09:54:26 EDT 2003

Does anyone know how to configure fetchmail to work with the MIT email servers?
I initially tried the following .fetchmailrc:

poll po9.mit.edu protocol POP3 username "sjordan" nokeep

This did not work. I then saw on somebody's sample .fetchmailrc the protocol
KPOP, which seems to require kerberos authentication. I tried installing the
kerberos package (I use debian), and guessed ATHENA.MIT.EDU as the realm.
Running kinit now generates the message: Can't send request (send_to_kdc).

-Stephen Jordan