[OT] Windows Automatic Update installs when asked not to...

Grant M wizard at neonedge.com
Sun May 9 09:35:53 EDT 2004

Just an FYI -
   I just got done installing about 20 updates in Win2k from WindowsUpdate.
I specifically clicked the "Remove" button when I got to the "Windows
Automatic Update" entry. Now that the updates are complete I surprisingly
have a "Windows Automatic Update" icon on my toolbar. I can't figure out how
to turn it off, and there are no instructions to. Just a warning to the
Windows admins out there. And now it's telling me it will keep reminding me
to update whether I want it to or not.
Grant M.