[blu] broadband phones?

Mark J. Dulcey mark at buttery.org
Mon Nov 29 15:16:17 EST 2004

David Kramer wrote:

> - I need phones throughout the house, and most of these systems are
> designed for only one phone.  I can do all the wiring if they say it will
> work, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

You can connnect any reasonable number of phones to the adapter through
standard telephone wiring.

> - I have DSL, not cable.  It's my understanding that I can't drop my
> current POTS phone line, because then my DSL won't work.

Usually true. Speakeasy offers "naked DSL", which will work without
having POTS; it costs a few dollars a month more than the usual sort.
SDSL service (generally much more expensive and bought by businesses)
doesn't coexist with POTS at all.