SuSE 9.3 is not seeing my PVR-350 capture card

David Backeberg dave at math.mit.edu
Sun Oct 2 12:02:33 EDT 2005

Hi David:

Your first problems were definitely because of ivtv vs. bttv.

I)B´ve been successfully using the PVR-250 in my gentoo box for the last
year plus. I)B´ve never used any rpms to run the PVR card, however the ivtv
source tarball builds and modprobes beautifully for me.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND downloading the latest stable tarball, (making sure
/usr/src/linux really points to your kernel source tree), reading the very
short install doc in that source tree, and trying to see if that works for
you. Don)B´t bother with any wikis or google until you try that. I think
that note you saw about manually hacking the .h file is way out of date,
because I)B´ve never had to do that. There IS a bit of modprobe craziness,
but some of what you saw may also be outdated.

Now that I)B´ve said don´t read google or wikis, I´ve made a short and
incomplete list of things I)B´ve dealt with on my website:
http://math.mit.edu/~dave/mythtv

Feel free to email me off-list to make specific complaints; maybe I)B´ve
seen your problems before.

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)