authtool: a network authentication configuration tool

James Kramer kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 1 08:51:14 EDT 2007

I will report on how well it worked.  It will take me a while.  My laptop is
down and I ordered another that arrived for the Labor Day weekend but has a
video problem so I need to return it.  This hampers my ability to work at
home.  I will install Ubuntu on a work computer and then try authtool and
see if I can get it connected to the network.
Jay

On 9/1/07, Kristian Erik Hermansen <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 9/1/07, James Kramer <kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > This was a very timely posting for me.  Last week, the IT person where I
> > work quit and I have to manage our network which runs Windows and Active
> > Directory.  My first thought was how to connect a Linux machine into the
> > network.. I never did that before.  I began reading about authentication
> and
> > kerberos.  Would this be a good tool to help me connect a Linux client
> to a
> > Windows/Active Directory network?
> > jay
>
> It would appear so.  However, I am hoping that someone like Joseph
> Guarino will investigate how to integrate authtool into a network, and
> write some docs for us all to benefit from :-)  Joseph seems to be a
> pioneer at integrating new open source projects into the corporate
> environments he consult for -- that is if he can sell F/OSS well
> enough to the customers who don't have a clue (what I mean is, they
> are clued into Windows, yeah...)!
>
> Enough rambling.  Let us know if you get it working and how you used it...
> --
> Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.