authtool: a network authentication configuration tool

Matthew Gillen me-5yx05kfkO/aqeI1yJSURBw at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 1 09:02:17 EDT 2007

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> This topic has been hot lately, so I figured I would send out a notice
> that there is a tool that appears to do a lot of the work for you...
>
> "Authtool is a network authentication configuration tool, for
> configuring a workstation to authenticate against a server, whether it
> be LDAP+Kerberos, Active Directory, NIS+ or standalone."
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ajmitch/network-authentication/authtool
>
> $ sudo aptitude install authtool authtool-gtk

Is this significantly different than the system-config-authentication tool
that's been in redhat/fedora for years?  The site doesn't have any
screenshots or feature lists, so I couldn't tell.  But from the description
(a client configuration tool) it sounds like basically the same thing.

Matt

believed to be clean.