Wierd VMWare behavior

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 14:10:12 EDT 2007

Just a followup.
This morning at home I powered up the laptop, logged in as me,
started VMWare and powered on the Windows VM. I left the laptop powered
on and plugged in in at work, and restarted the network to get a new IP
address (10.). I was able to ping the outside world from the Windows
VM.=20=20

I then powered off the VM and received the same message. I then
shutdown rebooted the laptop, logged in as my wife, started VMWare, but
again the VM failed to power on:
"Unable to change virtual machine power state: The
"/usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware.vmx" process did not start properly.
Try running
"/usr/lib/vmware-server/bin/vmware-vmx /var/lib/vmware-server/Virtual
Machines/Windows XP Professional/Windows XP Professional.vmx" from the
command line on the server.=20

I did that both from an ssh -X login as well as from a terminal, but it
appeared to hang. Don't know if it was trying popup a dialog or not,
but there were no messages.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9