serial H/W flow control -- a fairy tale?

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 16 07:42:30 EDT 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:56:47 -0400
"R. Luoma" <nobluspam5476-MTb9uo0rH9eJIAd+swBSYQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> So I would like to resolve whether the serial driver
> for the 2.4.31 kernel is correct.  From "printk" statements
> that I have inserted in the kernel, I think that it is doing
> the right thing, but I must admit the the documentation
> on the internet is confusing.

I didn't know you were writing code. If so I would have responded with
the appropriate functions. In the old days, we used to use breakout
boxes that would indicate what the pins were doing. I don't think I
have mine any more.=20
You could go into the sources for the serial driver currently loaded
and see what it is doing. I have not done any serial progamming in over
10 years, but in the past I did remember having to use a different
serial driver for the satellite comm system I wrote. I think that David
Kramer still has his breakout box.=20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9