hdhomerun and vlc for Linux

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 16 13:22:40 EDT 2007

If vlc is crashing, generate a core dump and submit it to the
developers.  If it is acting very strangely, the video may not have
been encoded properly and/or vlc has not implemented the decoder
properly.  I found something similar to be the case with gstreamer's
AAC/MP4 support.  If I used gstreamer to make some non-standard files
for my ipod, then they would not work correctly in the ipod and/or
would be skippy in various media players.  When I actually encoded the
files myself with faac, suddenly the ipod and all my media players
were happy.  I assume this is because faac encoded the files properly,
but gstreamer didn't.  I didn't analyze the files or do any
binary-diffing, but this is what appears to be the case...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.