serial line woes -- a bit more

R. Luoma nobluspam5476-MTb9uo0rH9eJIAd+swBSYQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 16 19:28:18 EDT 2007

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:42:32 -0400
Nuno Sucena Almeida <slug-wz5RHecsqBdg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> 	Is there any reason why you just don't use SLIP between the two computers?
> The protocol or any upper layer network protocol would take care of
> correcting the errors afaik,
> 							Nuno

Well, either I would have to figure out
  1) how to tunnel a serial line over IP (probably TCP/IP to get error checking)
or
  2) rewrite the application to communicate over IP (probably TCP/IP to get error checking)

I have started on 2) but things have not gone as smoothly as I hoped
(this is part of the pain that I have earlier refered to).

1) may exist, but in my internet searches, I have not run across
   any such serial tunneling (I may be using the wrong keywords).

believed to be clean.