hdhomerun and vlc for Linux

Scott Ehrlich scott-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 16 10:35:04 EDT 2007

I've been playing with the hdhr at home on a 600 Mhz P3 laptop swapping it
between Ubuntu 7.04 and Win XP Pro w/SP2, a much newer AMD 64 desktop with
512 MB RAM that is dualboot, and a G3 Mac.

I have found streaming to vlc on Windows to be fine for sd or hd;
streaming to the Mac on hd not great; streaming of hd to Linux not
workable.   The vlc window keeps cycling randomly among screen size
changes, showing or blanking of video, and often just crashing.   This is
for a freshly compiled version of 0.8.6c.  Again, vlc for the Mac and
Windows behaves.

Has anyone else experienced such responses from vlc for Linux?

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.