Photo Server Software?

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 8 18:53:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Ben Eisenbraun <bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Here's a second vote for Gallery2.

Another vote for Gallery2 (I've used it for a long time).

But I'd also recommend that you check out digikam.  Digikam makes it
fun to manage your photos on your desktop and can serve as a gallery
'remote' so that you can easily import, tag and publish your photos
from camera to your desktop to your website.  Having your photo
collection based on your desktop makes it easy to see the same photos
locally without the webserver and even distribute them across your
home network into media-center PCs like MythTV or LinuxMCE