blog software

Underhill, Larry lgu-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 15 10:16:03 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Stephen Adler wrote:

> Guys, I'm thinking of setting up a blog site. Is there any OS blog
> software or package you guys can recommend?

I have run a family site using blog software for 7 years now. The
first iteration was my own code. I then moved on to moveabletype and
currently run wordpress.

I can heartily recommend both moveabletype and wordpress.

I like moveabletype because I am competent in perl and I find the
code be easy to understand (without reading much documentation, I was
able to use their internal classes to write a program to extract
years worth of entries and create a printable PDF).

I currently use wordpress despite my dislike of PHP. I find it very
customizable and the both the themes and plugins community makes it
very easy to create a site that fits your needs with a reasonable
amount of effort.

I like both of the admin interfaces.

--Larry