blog software

David Kramer david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 15 19:48:22 EDT 2008

Stephen Adler wrote, On 09/15/2008 10:21 AM:
> Thanks for the Blog software comments. Someone e-mailed me with a
> comment that a form package would be more appropriate than a blog
> package. I'm thinking I would agree on that one. Any comments on when
> one should use a blog interface to a web site and when one should use a
> forum interface?

It's a completely different social network model.  A blog is more
"single-person-push".  You publish posts, and other people can comment
on them.  A forum is when you want any member (or non-member, in some
cases) to publish posts on topics and other people can continue the
discussion.

So if your goal is to start an active community of people sharing their
ideas, go with a forum.  If your goal is more to share your ideas and
maybe get some feedback, then go with a blog.  It's mostly about one
voice or many voices.

We used vbulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/) for a project at work, and
found it very customizable and easy to use.