Apache configuration with a Foundry ServerIron load balancer

Matt Shields matt-urrlRJtNKRMsHrnhXWJB8w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 22 13:34:07 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any experience configuring Apache with a Foundry
ServerIron?  We previously had been using Heartbeat/Ldirectord/Ipvsadm and
doing direct routing (no arp), each server has it's own real IP in each
virtual host but also has the IP of the VIP.  Now we purchased these
commercial load balancers and we've set them up but were told that we don't
need to do any no arp, which means not putting the vip in the virtual host.

Does anyone have a sample apache config?  Not sure if this matters but our
clusters run all virtual hosts, so I'm assuming that the NameVirtualHost
part is what determines which virtual host gets served up.  Also, for https
hosts, are dedicated IPs needed?  In the past we've not only had dedicated
external IPs, but also a different VIP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
--