MythTV Setup time!

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 06:11:25 EDT 2008

Jarod/All :-)

Hello from Los Angeles!  I am looking to build a new MythTV setup to
go with the sexy new 42" LCD HDTV below.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00140R0G2/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A1J7WSBJHTGUFA&v=glance

I am contemplating the setup below, unless someone can recommend a
good value pre-built system via a distributor!  Your thoughts?  I'm
looking for the best value Myth HDTV setup I can put together.
Nothing over the top, just down the middle of the road.  Here's the
current component list in my shopping cart @ newegg.  OK, so maybe I
did go a little overboard with 8GB RAM and 2.5TB HDD storage ;-P

SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum front panel, 0.8 mm SECC body SST-LC17-B
ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - Retail ($119.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163055

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX Power Supply - Retail ($41.49)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

BIOSTAR TForce TF720 A2+ AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 720a ATX AMD
Motherboard - Retail ($69.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138117

AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core
Processor Model HD985ZXAGHBOX - Retail ($169.00)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103249

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P10664GK - Retail ($104.99 x
2 = $209.98)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227298

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Hard Drive - OEM ($79.99 x 4 = $319.96)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218

LG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech Black SATA Model GH20NS15 -
OEM ($20.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136149

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Network-based Dual Digital HDTV Tuner Ethernet
Interface - Retail ($168.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815327005

Any suggestions on this?  Anything looking bad?  I think this is a
great setup, but I have been wrong before :-)  I went with the
HDHomeRun because Jarod recommended it numerous times and mentioned
during his BLU talks that it is well supported by MythTV, which I also
verified on the project website.  I am going to get this going with
MythBuntu Hardy (8.04.1) [x86_64] very soon.  Any suggestions are
welcomed!!!  Thanks guys...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
http://kristian-hermansen.blogspot.com