graphics tablet recommendations?

Martin Owens doctormo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 11:15:16 EDT 2008

What distro are you using? Ubuntu Hardy has all their Wacom support
ripped out by some _really_ stupid bug report and now Bryce is
scrambling to get some support back in for Ibex.

So if your an ubuntu user at least the Wacom stuff will work after
custom configuration in xorg conf. otherwise if your a Fedora or
Debian user, quite a lot of tablets work (when configured correctly)
including most from Wacom. I have a Wacom Intuos3 which is lovely.

A trick I picked up is to cover the surface of the tablet with paper,
that way drawing has texture and you feel like your drawing on paper
with resistance.

Got that one from a DeviantArt guy, I recommend getting a deviantart
account and showing off your work when you get your tablet. Me:
http://doctormo.deviantart.com

Best Regards, Martin Owens