MythTV Setup time!

Jarod Wilson jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 12:22:13 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 12:12 -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:03:22PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I second the recommendation for some sort of cheap wireless keyboard and
> > a remote control. The keyboard is incredibly useful until everything is
> > just so. But once its just right, the keyboard shouldn't be needed much
> > at all, so don't spend too much on it. Mine hasn't been used in months
> > -- anything that requires typing I do over ssh, and the rest of the
> > time, the remote does everything I need to have done.
>
> $40 IR keyboard (with pointer):
> http://www.topmicrousa.com/ack-573pb.html
>
> The best-feeling remote around is the TiVo -- a little spendy,
> but why not? $30 new, or about $12 new but from a discontinued
> model.

"A little spendy" is quite relative... I use a Logitech Harmony 880,
which cost quite a bit more than $30... ;)

> I also have my MythTV frontend making the TiVo bip-boop noises
> when I push buttons. It's useful feedback.

Very cool. Got a pointer to how to set that up? I wasn't actually aware
that could be done. Simple matter of some code, or is it set up in the
theme's xml description or _______?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org